- End to end responsibility for delivering and communicating monthly reporting of profits, embedded values, value of new business, including analysis of variances to plan and analysis of change by source.
- Deliver policy liabilities and embedded values as disclosed in Half Yearly Investor Reports, Statutory / Life Act reports, and financial condition investigations.
- Maintain and enhance current actuarial valuation processes considering speed, quality and simplicity.
- Documentation of process/enhancements, management of key person risk and strengthen the risk management and internal controls within the actuarial function.
- Assist in delivering key actuarial inputs to the annual strategic planning and forecast process for Life Risk business, and assisting with the communication of results to key stakeholders.
- Supporting the Head of Actuarial as required.
- 2+ years post qualification experience in a broad range of roles.
- Experience in the Insurance industry and specifically the Retail and Group Life and Disability markets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to develop logical solutions to new problems.
- Ability to apply good commercial judgement.
- Proven ability to work proactively with a strong use of initiative.
- An understanding of the Insurance business, its products and key drivers of profitability and returns.
If you're interested in hearing more about this role, please contact Richard Kirwan on 0418 10 307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.