The purpose of the role is to deliver regular financial reporting for the Wealth Protection, Superannuation & Investments products and support ad-hoc business projects. Analysts gain exposure to the entire product set and develop deeper skills and knowledge of more than one product.
Main focus areas
- An actuarial analyst’s primary focus is to develop a detailed understanding of assigned products and associated processes to proficiently:
- Conduct the monthly valuation for a variety of financial reports including profit reporting, analysis of variances to plan, analysis of change by source, capital and embedded value reporting
- Provide meaningful analysis and commentary on financial results for inclusion in management, committee and Board reports
- Assist in actuarial investigations such as experience investigations, expense analysis and allocation, and best estimate assumption setting.
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of current actuarial processes and models
- Strengthen the areas of risk management and internal controls within the actuarial function
- Liaise with other finance teams to ensure the accuracy of data and answer queries
- Two years life insurance industry experience.
- Previous experience in valuation roles will be looked upon favourably.
- Bachelor’s Degree in actuarial or related studies
- Working towards Actuarial Fellowship