Contribute to proactive management and optimisation of product margins and profitability including investment platforms, retail and corporate superannuation and insurance.
Main Focus Areas
- Assist in the design and implementation of the strategy for achieve strategic plan objectives.
- Assist in the optimisation of product margins and profitability, taking into account product mix, anticipated sales volumes, retention, inforce business growth, expense unit costs, capital requirements and other profit drivers.
- Assist in the management of the product margins and profitability, including pricing of new and inforce business in line with strategic plan assumptions
- Assist in the design and recommendation of fees and incentives.
- Ensure product and offer pricing is compliant and operates within risk framework.
- Detailed understanding of investment and superannuation platform markets, competitors, and the legislative and compliance environment
- Demonstrated understanding of capital, profit and value measures and drivers.
- Ability to identify and build pricing capabilities including methodologies, assumptions and pricing models.
- Ability to interpret and analyse relevant data to identify issues, trends and emerging problems
- Qualified Actuary or partial completion of actuarial exams.
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant business discipline
- 5+ years’ experience, preferably within the financial services industry
- Demonstrated experience in margin and profit management.