The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Actuarial with the primary end to end responsibility for the valuation of the Life Insurance portfolio.
- End to end responsibility for delivering and communicating monthly reporting of profits, embedded values, value of new business, including analysis of variances to plan and analysis of change by source.
- Deliver policy liabilities and embedded values as disclosed in Half Yearly Investor Reports, Statutory / Life Act reports, and financial condition investigation.
- Maintain and enhance current actuarial valuation processes considering speed, quality and simplicity.
- Documentation of process/enhancements, management of key person risk and strengthen the risk management and internal controls within the actuarial function.
- Assist in delivering key actuarial inputs to the annual strategic planning and forecast process and assisting with the communication of results to key stakeholders.
- Working towards completion of actuarial studies.
- One to five years industry experience would generally be expected for this role
- An understanding of the actuarial aspect of Life Insurance Act 1995, APRA Prudential Standards and related regulations.
- Experience in the Insurance industry and specifically the Retail and Group Life and Disability markets.
- Experience in the use of Prophet.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to develop logical solutions to new problems.
- Proven ability to work proactively with a strong use of initiative.
- An understanding of the Insurance business, its products and key drivers of profitability and returns.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, please contact Richard Kirwan on 0418 310 307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org