About the role:
As a Health Actuarial Senior Manager at a globally recognised consultancy you will assist Partners and Directors in providing strategic and technical consulting services and support business development across the health sector.
You will synthesise your strong technical background, industry experience and knowledge, understanding of health data and methodologies to devise solutions that have a positive impact on the health sector. As an actuary, you will effectively complement and collaborate with other disciplines to solve client problems.
Critical to your success will be your knowledge and experience as follows:
- 8+ years or more actuarial work experience (with a majority in health including health insurance)
- Demonstrated existing client relationships and/or ability to develop client relationships
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Strong understanding of actuarial methodologies, financial drivers and the relevant regulatory standards.
- Understanding of the application of a range of data analytics and statistical modelling tools (i.e. SAS, R, Python, etc.) to solve complex client issues
- Ability to communicate complex / technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable and responsive to a continuously changing environment.