My client is looking for a Senior Actuary to ownership of model rebuild and design working colaborately with the Corporate Actuarial team. The role is have responsibility for the follow:
- rebuild and redesign critical actuarial processes within the actuarial team
- ensure that models risk management requirements are met for the development, testing and documentation of revamped processes
- lead development and maintenance of model risk management.
More specifically your main responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Build good relationships with actuarial users to deliver enhancements to actuarial processes, delivery and provision
- Provide analysis, insights and recommendations that support development of changes to deliver better business outcomes
- Develop models to reduce operational risk and improve productivity of critical actuarial processes
- Expand the scope of model risk management framework (ICCED) to all teams within Group Actuarial and provide specialist advice on the ICCED Framework to the business
- Ensure adequate deployment controls, version control and documentation of stochastic financial models
What We Look For In You
- Tertiary qualification in a quantitative discipline: i.e., actuarial studies, finance or mathematics.
- Ideally at least 5 years post qualification experience
- Knowledge and experience of Australian insurance and financial services market, including market structure, product, distribution, regulation, and governance processes
- Exceptional experience in Excel/VBA including Finance and Actuarial Models
- Good understanding of Actuarial Valuation process needs
- Change management skills plus problem solving and lateral thinking
- Programming and financial modelling aptitude
- Collaborative stakeholder management ability.