We're looking for an experienced actuary for either a six month or twelve month contract. This resource will be used throughout the actuarial team and its duties include the following:
- End to end responsibility for delivering and communicating monthly reporting of profits, embedded values, value of new business, including analysis of variances to plan and analysis of change by source.
- Deliver policy liabilities and embedded values as disclosed in Half Yearly Investor Reports, Statutory / Life Act reports, and financial condition investigations.
- Support various process improvement projects and other projects, including IFRS17.
- Lead and assist with the implementation of a wide range of actuarial projects that drives continuous improvements.
- Production and management of cross portfolio reporting for the Executive and their Leadership team.
- Actuarial advice to other teams.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- 10+ years post qualification experience in a broad range of roles, including valuation and/or capital management.
- FIAA or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply good commercial judgement.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to develop logical solutions to new problems.
- Experience in managing pieces of work to required deadlines and reviewing deliverables.
- Proven ability to work proactively with a strong use of initiative.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Either immediately available or soon to be available.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please contact Richard Kirwan on 0418 310 307 or email email@example.com