Key Accountabilities of this role:
- Understanding of appropriate reserving techniques, including IFRS17.
- Maintenance, development, testing and documentation of reserve models.
- Model limitations are understood and model outputs are checked and reviewed to a high standard.
- The overall process for producing results and ultimately reports is well developed, documented and operational risks are mitigated or well managed.
- Quality engagement with all customers, suppliers and other stakeholders, and timeframes are met.
- Contribute to the production of high quality reports and other documentation for internal and external reference (including audit) in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development and reporting of business plan forecasts from business estimates
- Assist in the development and presentation of management information insights from valuation systems.
- Contribute to the development, testing and documentation of economic risk capital (ERC) and LAGIC models.
- Completion to a high standard in accordance with agreed project timetable.
- Co-operation with other team members.
Experience, Skills & Qualification Requirements
- FIAA or equivalent (preferred); Part II qualified actuarial analyst
- Up to 5 years post qualification experience (highly desirable) in a Life (re)insurance pricing or reserving environment (essential)
- Strong modelling and MS Excel computer skills (essential).
- Experience in life prudential regime in Australia and internationally including MoS financial reporting (desirable), US GAAP and Solvency II. Experience in economic capital implementation and management would be well regarded.
- Strong technical report writing skills (desirable). Production of comprehensive, commercial reports and documentation, including considered opinion and justification of data and content
- Ability to indentify, investigate and present to cross functional teams and senior management
If you are interested in hearing more about this role, please contact Richard Kirwan on 0418 310 307 or email email@example.com